4 Tips on appliance use in Cambodia

Psar Thmei. Hair dryer. It came home with me cuz my hair is in the growing pains stage and needs assistance.Forty seconds into my first use of this death contraption I smell rubber. Mind you, these events occurred in a split nanosecond just a tad ahead of reflexes, lest y'all fancy some darwinian goal of mine to improve the human genome.Air came out of all the holes of the main unit. The cord overheated, burned my arm, and melted plastic dropped on my bare foot. A small plastic clip at the intake in the back of the unit popped loose and pieces of broken filter screen were sucked into the motor. After a small explosion at the outlet where the appliance was plugged into, sparks flew and the heating element burst into flames.Oh and my hair … [Read more...]