Sitting Shiva… auhmmmm…
… and still time also sits, oblivious to the passage of my benchmark years, the march of progress, the arc of the cosmos.
So in great anticipation of bright months ahead, here is my short-list for the very cheery year of 2009:
1. Learn something new
2. Drink more good wine
3. Run faster
4. Put personal finance in order and invest more
5. Take my career to the next level
6. Get more active with the social life
7. Keep in better touch with people who are important to me
8. Read 26 books this year
9. Discover and own more good music
10. Be able to identify the plants, animals and birds that are in my area
11. Begin concrete plans towards the next country
12. Have toned arms
Disclaimer: as with any pursuit providing opportunity for snobbery, said goals are subject to amendment upon further (sober) reflection or fitful caprice.